Winter is very harsh on our skin. Our skin needs moisture to stay healthy, dewy, young looking. Dryness, flakiness, dullness only accentuate every wrinkle on our face, not mentioning our chapped lips.....not very kissable if you ask me. There are a few steps you can take to help fend off the cold wintry winter.
1) Have monthly facials: Your esthetician has lots of products and treatments to help your skin get rehydrated and keep it free of dry dead cells.
2) Wear sunscreen: The sun can still damage your skin in the winter especially when reflecting off snow, ice or water. Everyday sun exposure is cumulative and damages the skin over time.
3) Avoid long hot showers or bath: Hot water strips your skin's natural oil away and dries it out. Don't dry off completely and apply moisturizer on damp skin to trap some water on your skin.
4) Apply toner on your skin after exercising. Sweating dehydrates your skin and leaves it dry and tight. Toners reset your skin's PH and quickly and efficiently provide skin with generous amounts of antioxidants, soothing agents, and hydrating ingredients.
5) Use a cool mist humidifier in your bedroom and the main area in your house. Our heating system dries the air and steals our skin from precious moisture.
6) Direct your car's heating vent to your feet instead of your face. The inside of a car gets rapidly overheated and dry from the hot vent.
7) Drink plenty of water. Your lips will be less likely to chap if in contact with water often.
8) Your skin needs different products in winter. Ask your esthetician to recommend the proper products for your skin's needs. A facial will assess the amount of oil production as well as the level of dehydration of your skin to adequately suggest the right home care regimen.